Fulford Academy's Dual High School Diploma program
Are you an international student wanting to stand out from the crowd in your university application? Gain an advantage with Fulford Academy’s Dual High School Diploma program, offered both as a hybrid online and in-person option or fully in-class.
It's all about flexibility.
Gain an advantage with the Dual High School Diploma program
About the program:
The Dual High School Diploma is a specialized program through Fulford Academy where international students graduate with two high school diplomas:
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), a highly-recognized Canadian high school diploma
- A high school diploma from their home country
How it works:
- Students attend their regular academic year in their home country completing the Grade 10, 11 and 12 courses necessary to earn their high school diploma.
- Each summer for three years, they will complete two courses which will allow them to earn the six courses necessary to obtain an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). At least one summer must be spent in class at Fulford Academy. The other courses can be taken in person or online.
- During the regular academic year, Grade 11 students will complete the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Course (OLC4U) online to fulfill the OSSD Literacy requirement.
We encourage students to attend their last summer at Fulford Academy in person, so they can attend graduation with their fellow classmates!
Why this program?
For students interested in studying in North America or at a highly regarded international university, having a Canadian high school diploma gives you an edge in your university submission.
You will stand out from other international applicants.
Choose from our hybrid option or fully in-class:
Hybrid (blended online and in-class)
Please note: With the hybrid option, students must complete at least one summer of study at Fulford Academy, preferably the last summer of study so students can attend graduation.
This program is ideal for students who:
- Display strong academic skills and language abilities
- Want to have a competitive advantage when applying to universities
- Feel ready for a more mature and independent environment
- Want to discover specialized programs and future career pathways
- Wish to embrace the international study experience
The Dual High School Diploma program offers:
- A highly competitive edge when applying to university
- Targeted study areas focused on your unique interests and capabilities
- Small class sizes and exceptional support in a hands-on learning environment
- Access to courses not normally offered at your school
- An international experience where you live, learn and make connections with students from around the world