We Are Currently Accepting Applications:
Fulford Academy - Supply Teacher Job Description
Reports to: Head of School and Assistant Head of School
Job Summary: Provides teaching, mentoring, and academic services to Academy students.
- Implements, and teaches lessons to students, following Ministry of Education and Fulford Academy curricula, and established frameworks for instruction and the conduct of classes; leads students and class discussions, conveys knowledge, promotes good study habits, discipline, and love of learning to students.
- Develops and assesses best instructional methods for facilitating student learning
- Develops and maintains a structured and safe learning environment.
- Develops options and solves problems to improve students’ academic achievement and behaviour.
- Supervises students in a variety of academic and non-academic environments.
- Evaluates and reports on students’ behaviour, and assists in student discipline.
- Manages students’ progress in accordance to the Growing Success document
- Administers tests, exams and oversees student projects.
- Provides feedback to staff and parents on students’ progress.
- Maintains student records, such as attendance, assessment and evaluations, reports cards, grades, and discipline reports.
- Maintains an orderly, clean, and safe classroom.
- Participates in ongoing professional development and administrative meetings
- Plays a role in various committees and/or student clubs
- Act as an advisor to students on social, personal and academic matters
In addition, Teachers may also be required to perform one or more of the following roles:
- Provide special assistance to those students who live at the Academy but attend other schools.
- Work in cooperation with the Assistant Head of School Academics regarding, ordering classroom resources, scheduling classes, placement testing, etc.
- Participate in extra-curricular life of the school.
- University degree
- Valid, current member of the OCT
- TESL Certification or ESL Pt. 1 AQ.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening - Criminal Reference Check
- Preferred: Junior, intermediate or senior teaching experience in subjects, such as English, English as a second language, French, history, geography, math, or science.
- Excellent communications skills
- Manage a highly differentiated classroom, classroom management
- Ability to exercise fair and ethical judgement.
Residential Life Department
Fulford Academy - Job Description
Title: Residential Advisor
Reports to: Residential Life Manager
Provide consistent care ensuring safety and security while acting as a parent substitute. Work in conjunction with the residential team to organize, deliver and supervise extra-curricular activities for students during their residential time. Supervise student free time and oversee bedtime and weekend morning routines.
Duties and Tasks:
- Act as a mentor and role model to students providing personal support.
- and behavior, ensuring that students meet school expectations and follow residential guidelines.
- Develop, organize, lead, and supervise students involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Assess and evaluate the need for first aid and/or emergency assistance.
- Provide support to students' emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Supervise students during free-time and oversee bed-time routines.
- Transport and supervise students to off-campus activities in the Fulford Academy minivans.
- Supervise students in the dining hall during mealtimes while promoting conversation and teaching manners.
- Additional related duties may be assigned
College or university education in a relevant field, or post-secondary education in progress.
2 years of event planning experience in a professional environment working with children.
- Planning and organizing activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children.
- Demonstrate maturity and leadership.
- Candidate must have a clear Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check.